The irony in this world is that “To get somewhere, you already have to be there.”
From an individual perspective:
- If you want to make money, you need to already have money.
- To get a job, you need to be one-year experienced and not a fresher.
- If you’re experienced and want to apply for a job that you really want to work on, you should already have the background of working in that area, and you should already know how to do all that the job entails.
- If you want to write a book, publisher expects you to have already written a book before.
- To be listened to, you need to be an expert, not an amateur, but how do you eventually become an expert if you’re never listened to?
From a startup perspective:
- If you want to get funding, your startup should be in a position to not need funding.
- If you want to stock your product in ezone, you should not be a 1-product company, but a 5-product company.
And on and on.
To get somewhere, you already have to be there.
P.S. I’m not condemning, condoning or approving of the situation. Just making an observation.